- Promote more upright posture while receiving. Useful for players who tend to tuck their chest or lean towards the baseball while receiving.
- Keep body still throughout catch with broad upright chest. Pitches should be around belt to belly button height.
- Approach ball with glove pronated (thumb down) and arm at extension
- Finish with forearm and glove horizontal at chin height
- Glove pocket should face pitcher at all times (no thumb roll)
- Work center, glove-side, and arm-side pitches
- Frisbee Catches - Use a frisbee and barehand instead of a ball and glove to emphasize pocket/glove position. Toss frisbee vertically. Player should catch the vertical frisbee and present it horizontal.
- Mixed Weight Plyo Balls - Firmly short toss mixed weight plyo balls. Forces the player to overcome varying ball impact momentum to maintain a clean catch and presentation. Encourages to player to find the most efficient approach and movement patterns in order to maintain a clean catch and presentation.
- 27" Trainer Glove - Use a small 27" trainer glove to promote better pocket contact.
- Donut (no-hinge) Glove - Use a Donut (no-hinge) trainer glove to promote softer hands at contact. Will also help with players who miss the pocket palm or finger side.
- Wrist Weight / Weighted Glove - Use a wrist weight or a weighted trainer glove to promote a more efficient approach to the baseball.
- Dunce Cap - Place a glove or cone on top of the catcher's mask. The player should try to complete the catch without the glove/cone falling off their head. Useful in eliminating excessive or jerky head movement.