Join our online catching community built specifically for catching coaches! Chat with some of the best catching minds in the game and get access to drills, metrics, podcasts, online courses, and our ever growing video library.
We are in the midst of a very exciting time for the catching position. With the growth of catching analytics the true value of the catching position has been put in the spotlight and the position is changing drastically.
We've seen more changes to catching technique and philosophy in the past 3-4 years than we did in the previous decade. MLB/MiLB clubs are in a race to find the best movement patterns, positioning, and techniques to maximize run prevention out of the catching position.
As coaches, players, and fans we get to watch this mass experiment unfold live on TV at the highest level of baseball!
- Modern pitch framing techniques for strike zone optimization
- Advances in pitch framing tactics, data, and performance metrics
- Catcher skill prioritization for maximal run prevention
- Setup strategies and solutions for combating the negative influence of blocking & throwing on pitch framing with runners on base
- Tactics for increasing deception and positively influencing umpire decision making
- How recent trends and the evolution of the position are challenging conventional catching wisdom
- Positioning and targeting tips for maximizing a staff's various strengths and pitch qualities
- Evolution of blocking techniques and how they are modified to minimize runner advancement
- Proper throwing mechanics to minimize arm injuries
- Minimize transfer times and maximize throw velocity and accuracy with efficient trunk/leg utilization
- and much more...
- Personalized drill progressions to address the needs of each individual
- Constraint led training to enhance motor skill acquisition and promote effective movement pattern adaptations
- Composite drills to reinforce learned movement patterns and increase in-game retention and player confidence
- Video analysis to allow players to associate perceived movements with actual movements
- Data driven performance evaluations to provide un-biased feedback on player progress and performance
- Results based guidance to encourage efficient movements optimized for each player's body
Stout Catching is run through the Rogue Baseball Performance facility. This brand new facility in Parker, CO is home to Rogue Baseball, PUSH Performance and HiPro Hitting.
Rogue Baseball / PUSH Performance / HiPro Hitting
7133 S Dillon Ct, Englewood, CO 80112